Happy New Year!!

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Happy New Year!!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Title says it all. Hope everyone has a great 2012!
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Happy New Year, everybody!
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Happy New Years, everyone! :D
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a brand new year. May it be good to everyone.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Happy New Year!!! Anyone else watching the Cobra-palooza Megatron-athon on the Hub???? They are showing old episodes of Transformers gen 1!!!!! :-D

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Afraid I never get a chance to watch tv, but I already have G1 on dvd anyway so all is well. :)
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I still have to pay more to get that channel. I think I pay enough already. :roll: Oh well. I had myself a Beast Wars marathon on Saturday, so all was right in my world. :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I had myself a Beast Wars marathon on Saturday, so all was right in my world.
Ever since I got my new BW DVD's I been watching them, and goodness I know every word...again. Hehe. :oops:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Happy New Year everybody! With some luck I might even be able to * update* the site for the first time in, like, forever. This is the year, I have decided, where I WILL get my health under control.

How did you all celebrate? I had the happy opportunity to watch the fireworks in Melbourne, Australia. It was really quite beautiful.

Hope everyone has a happy and prosperous 2012! :)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Sorry I'm late to the party, I just got back from Minnesota. Happy New Year!!!
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sorry I'm late to the party, I just got back from Minnesota. Happy New Year!!!
AAAAHHHH! I live in MN! Cool!
How did you all celebrate?
Just had kinda a laid back night at home. :/
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

So what did everyone do for their New Year's Eve/Day? Any cool resolutions? I stayed up with some friends in Minneapolis and we just hung out. On January 1st, my friend came back from the team hotel and drove us to the Mall of America Stadium. The game was fun, but we lost to the Bears in the end (cursed special teams :evil: ). Afterwards, we met up with him in the players lounge and took him to a restaurant. He thought it was just a regular birthday lunch with friends and family, but we brought him into an isolated room and surprised him with balloons, gifts, and more guests. I successfully out-ate everyone there (food paid for by my friend's agent) and succumbed to a food coma as soon as we got back to the condo. We went swimming around 10:00 p.m. when I woke up and played a bunch of silly games like Marco-Polo, Sharks, Tag, and underwater races (I won that one too). I tried to beat my record for longest swim underwater, but without goggles I ended up smashing my face at the bottom of the pool. I'm fine, just a couple of cuts and scrapes, and we kept having fun til around 3 a.m.

As for resolutions, I have a couple of generic ones but my primary goal is to ensure that the whole graphic design thing works out. My friend hired a personal business/tax consultants and a banker to help us make our company official. I won't lie, it's pretty scary trying to start up your own company but my buddy reassured me that it'll all work out. Our first pay might come in from an expo where we were commissioned by a venture capitalist. Since I'm finishing up my last semester in school and still work at the pharmacy, it'll be a lot of handle at once. I may even have to cut back on... wait for it... video games :o lol that's fine since I only look forward to Tomb Raider and Fall of Cybertron. Anyways, yeah... Drewynn Designs LLC. I really hope it works out. The consultant warned us that there's always a lot of risk involved with starting a business. Our first year may result in more losses than gains. Sometimes even the best of friends split over time which results in legal battles over money. The fact that I'm just part time worker and my buddy has a significantly larger income shows that the investment into this company is already lopped sided. We just reassured ourselves that it'll work out if we put our hearts into it and trust each other.

2012... bring it :D
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Sounds like you had fun, Alak! Welcome back! And I'm jealous....I didn't get to see a game this year. :-( Oh well, there's always next year.

Anyway, what did I do? I had the most POORLY planned evening EVER. It started when 7 people tried to fit into a Prius. It went down hill from there. We were given the wrong address to a party and we had so much conflicting information about when it started, and it turned out that 5 of us weren't actually invited to the first party we went to. We headed to a different party (that we actually were invited to) and spent the remainder of the night there. But we had fun joking about the fiasco all night so it wasn't a total loss. At midnight we watched the ball drop and drank champagne and sang auld lang syne. We hung out until 2am.

I also spent the day watching The Walking Dead and then the next day The Twilight Zone and as I said, Transformers Gen 1 was on for awhile too.

There are some things I'm trying to do better this year. I wouldn't necessarily say they are resolutions.

1. I'm trying not to wait until the last minute to do stuff. I'm really bad at that. My goal, for example, is to have the next week of lessons planned by Wednesday or Thursday of the week before so I have the whole weekend to just chill and rejuvenate myself for the next week of school. I don't want to keep stressing out about it Sunday night.

2. I have a really bad habit of strolling into somewhere at 7:59 when I need to be there at 8:00 (like work). Or showing up for fencing at 8:05 when it starts at 8:00 and I still need to change into my gear. So being on time is something I could probably be doing better too.

3. At the beginning of December I joined a gym and I have yet to go. I hope to head down there more often to improve my stamina and strength for fencing. I'd love to get back into competing, but I'm in terrible shape right now. Not to mention, I'd love to do a Walk For...something. I'm not sure what yet.....maybe cancer. I had a friend pass away last year of brain cancer. Maybe I could do it in his memory. I don't think I'll be doing any kind of 5K run or anything really ambitious like that; just a Walk For Cancer or Walk for Alzheimer's or Walk to Raise Awareness for Violence Against Women...something like that. I only run for cake. :-D

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

At the beginning of December I joined a gym and I have yet to go
Blackrose: I was kinda like that until Wednesday of this week. I have to get more determined to go to the gym. I just do it right away in the morning, and as soon as I'm there I'm all pumped and ready to go.

My Resolutions:
1.Start going back to the gym at least 3 times a week, and get into better shape. Cursed winter, I'm a pretty outdoorsy person, but not with MN being cold and icy.

2.Do better with money management. Not buying everything in sight! :(

3.Try to go back to college. Probably something that has to do with writing, since that after all is my passion! :D

4.Be happy and try to just smile more. :)