Beast Wars 15th Anniversary

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Beast Wars 15th Anniversary

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

It has been brought to my attention on Facebook (began with David Kaye) that today is officially Beast Wars TransFormers 15th Anniversary! I can't believe I didn't even realize it until late this evening. I'm such a lousy fan. :lol: Congratulations to the show and everyone who was involved with it!! As I've said before, this show shaped who I am and was big part of helping me achieve what I have with my artwork to this day. I have met all of you virtually on this board because of this show. I have made tons of new friends at conventions because of this show. I have been traveling all over North America by befriending Garry Chalk because he voiced my favorite Optimus and character from this show. I am astonished at the impact it has on my life, and it all started by my brother channel surfing in the morning before school (I think I was beginning 6th grade...) and finding the very first episode being aired on this very day fifteen years ago. I fell in love with the animation, the writing and the voice acting. And I was so happy that they transformed into animals and dinosaurs because I'm such a huge animal lover. :lol: They could do so much more with the characters because of this than what was done in G1, which I still love. But Beast Wars will always be my favorite series.
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

It is?! :shock: I didn't realize it was either! Woohoo! :lol:

Well, might as well tell how I got into Beast Wars so I can celebrate. :D I was channel surfing as well and the one thing I remembered first seeing was Megatron's big mug on the screen. I was intrigued because it was robots and animals! :lol: My mom got into it as well because she grew to love it, watching it with me. I was in first grade and was so in love with Beast Wars that I used to pretend I was a robot that transformed into an animal and named my friends BW characters. XD I was so silly. Used to run around in the kitchen playing out my own BW world. Back then, Cheetor was my favorite character because he was a cat and like me, a young person who was reckless and eager to prove to everyone that I was capable. I also cried when Dinobot died and angry when Optimus blew it but I was so happy when he came back. I jumped for joy and yelled that Megatron was going to be in a world of pain!

Always thought the BW characters were my second family. :D

Good times. 8)

Then Beast Wars was taken off and I pitched a fit until years later I moved to another state and the first thing I found in a store was the first season of my show after frigging nine years! :lol:

I will always cherish this show because it started my world of imagination and bought me to the Transformer fandom. Also, got me intrigued with voice actors. :lol:

So much this show has done for me and like you said OOP, it bought me here as well to share my experiences with others. Yay.

Cheers to everyone who made the show including those wonderful voice actors who bought the characters to life. *lifts up a glass*
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I'm happy that this show has had such a strong and influential following. Transforming animals... who knew it would've left such a legacy. It just comes to show that a project that has the proper direction and writing will always succeed in maintaining a fanbase for ages. Long live Beast Wars!
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

@OOP - wow, you'd think it was destiny that you happened to come across BW when the very firsts episode aired! No wonder you grew into such a die-hard fan.

Personally I did not grow up in the States so I did not have the pleasure of seeing BW on tv when it first came out. In fact I didn't know much about it at all for the first few years of its existence, since it was only occasionally mentioned by people at the tf forum I went to at the time (hardcore G1 fans..)

But as some close friends of mine got into it, I looked into getting the dvds. I had one of said friends who was in the states buy me the dvd set while I bought the original x-box machine and promptly had it 'fixed' so it could play any region dvds. And thus my fascination with Beast Wars began.

Oddly, in a way, Beast Wars got me the family I cherish so much today. And in an even odder way our very own OOP was partially responsible for me meeting my (now) husband and father of my child! And that without introducing us or anything (I did not know OOP at the time). From what I've understood OOP and Warwulf used to vacate another tf related website when OOP decided to explore the vast universe of tf sites out there. Warwulf, being the Silverbolt puppy-dog that he is, tagged along and thus they both ended up on the website I used to go to. Somehow Warwulf came to run that site, I was helping him out with it a bit, and things picked up from there.

So thank you, OOP, for involuntarily giving me a family, and thank you Beast Wars for making all the threads come together! ;)
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I had no idea that was this past Friday.

Yeah- what you've all been saying. This is, and has been since its airing on t.v., my favorite show, writing fan fiction for it has given me a more thorough appreciation for writing (actually, its conceivable I just wouldn't enjoy writing without such experiences), and Beast Wars International is the site I have most consistently been a part of throughout what constitutes my life on the internet.

Also, I need to say this. I finally saw "The Lion King", which is my favorite movie, in a theater for the first time on Friday night. I didn't expect for such a viewing to be connected to Beast Wars like this, and I really like the connection.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]