Coming episode

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Coming episode

Unread post by Phoenix »

As we're getting ready to end season 1 with a bang (quite literally for our favorite monkey), I have a question about this episode. I realize the events that take place in it is important for the general storyline, but as we've seen after the introduction of OC episodes (or more free standing episodes plot wise, even if still tied in with the progression of the show) the players like to use their imaginations. Judging by the amount of posts and rapid progression of these OC episodes compared to back when the rpg was more strictly a retelling of existing stories, players seemed fine with making minor alterations to the storyline to better fit the overall plot.

So to get to the point I was trying to make, I was wondering what the plans for this upcoming episode were. Obviously the key points, such as Primal's date with destiny, the revelation of the actual planet, and the introduction of TM technology, should stay in tact, but I was wondering to what end we can expand on the story beyond those points. Specifically I was wondering about including the introduction of Silverbolt and Quickstrike in this episode as well, rather than make their players wait another 2 episodes to get to join. Warwulf has been literally jumping with excitement over finally getting to play his longtime hero Silverbolt, and I would hate to disappoint by making him wait another few months before getting that chance.

In my opinion it wouldn't really take away anything from the upcoming episode by allowing these two characters to join just before Primal's big (temporary) exit. It could be interesting to see how these two characters will react to the events that take place as well. So I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

I agree. We've already changed the story up so much, I wouldn't mind drastically changing the whole thing and just using the show as a basic structure. I'm also thinking once we get to the end of season 3, we should just skip the last few episodes and keep it going until we all die of old age.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Hmmm, it would be interesting, yesss.

Well, the TransMetals need a transwarp explosion, which won't happen until OP destroys the alien weapon. And all of the stasis pods (two of which I assume are 'Bolt's and QS's) don't fall from orbit until the aliens activate the weapon. And because their pods are kind of fried in orbit, I always assumed that's what corrupted their DNA scanners and made them Fuzors (Feralnight is an exception to this). I'd hate to make anyone wait any longer as well, but I think we have enough happening in the last episode than to add two more characters that will need to be retrieved. Now, I only plan on following the last episode's script loosely; more of a guideline really, keeping the significant parts in tact (the alien structure that RT and Airazor invetsigate, the stasis pod that Tarantulas and Blackarachnia configure which leads to OP's death, the Vok revealing their Dooms Day weapon, pods falling down everywhere, energon desposits igniting all over the planet, the transwarp wave making some characters TransMetal), so other things can happen, but they probably won't be taking too much attention from everything else going on. Oh, and we probably won't need to split the two episodes like the show; just keep it as one in our game. I don't know. Several have had to wait this long, or longer, to join. I'd like to see more thoughts, ideas and opinions on this. Feel free to jump in, anyone.

Are we still doing the fun episode before the last one? And what about the alien golden disk that Megatron retrieves?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Maybe 'Bolt and QS can crash land earlier than they do on the show, which screws up their scanners, makes them Fuzors, but we see them before they're TransMetals? The only point I'm trying to make is that there can't be any TM's until the transwarp explosion happens and sweeps the planet, which won't be happening until OP uses the pod the spiders tamper with to destory the weapon.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I say we do Other Voices (parts 1 & 2) together as a quick, and I mean quick, fun episode just so OP can have his moment of heroic awesomeness. We could disregard the first episode in Season 2 since it's just TMs showing off their new goodies, and just move onto the fuzors episode (combining both into one). I'd prefer if we'd at least stick to the fact that the transwarp explosion lead to Silverbolt and Quickstrike's introductions, but let's leave that up to their respective players. They've been waiting for a while now so let them be the ones to choose.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

I think Primal can have his moment of awesomeness just fine even if we include the introductions of QS and SB in this episode. They are fuzors, not transmetals, so the explosion would not be required for them to be there. We already have a fuzor (Feralnight) actively in the game, with Aurora becoming one very soon too, so I see no reason to make them wait until season 2. I think it would be fun to see QS and SBs reactions to what will happen.

There is simply no way to merely 'blow through' Other Voices quickly. Episode 5 has been running for nearly 2 1/2 months and still has not finished. Most episodes take at east a month, often more, to play out. Playing the waiting game when you currently have no characters in the rpg is pretty boring, so I hate asking people to wait that long before being allowed to join. We have lost enough players by doing that.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I always considered Quickstrike a TM (and a Fuzor) because he's all shiny and has no organic skin or scales. Silverbolt... I'm not so sure. He has feathers and fur, so maybe just a regular, or "standard," Fuzor.
Episode 5 has been running for nearly 2 1/2 months and still has not finished. Most episodes take at east a month, often more, to play out.
Heh. Some have lasted much longer than that, and yet, here we are, many of us who have been here since the beginning with many more new players. I think more recent episodes have been quicker than the first few but haven't lost their quality. I think that's good!
so I hate asking people to wait that long before being allowed to join. We have lost enough players by doing that.
As a Moderator, I have done enough of that myself, asking people to wait to join, but I don't know that we've actually lost a lot of players because of it. I think we've lost more players just by them vanishing in the middle of an episode and never coming back (for whatever reason) than those waiting too long to play. I just don't think we can please everyone here, despite the ideas I'm trying to find a compromise with. I don't want to rush through the last episode; I think it's fairly important and should be pretty active for every character. I don't think it's fair to make everyone else rush through an episode because new players don't have a character to play in the first season. If they chose to have a character join in season 2 because they want a TM or a canon that doesn't join until then on the show, then how is that everyone else's problem? I've already suggested my idea, and I think that's all I have right now because I am tired and I'm not normally good at coming up ideas anyway... :lol:
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

I think the shiny armor could just as well be because the animators chose to make him that way. Most transmetals had specific tm powers, such as Cheetor's rockets popping out of his back or the rat on wheels, yet I don't recall QS having anything of the sort. SB definitely has feathers so I just don't see them as TMs.

I thought I recalled people saying they'd be back for season two because of the waiting. Regardless, it's a game after all, supposed to be fun. Rushing what will likely be the longest episode for a while just does not sound like a good idea to me. Personally I don't see any harm in letting them join (without TM powers whether you think they are tm or not) before season 2.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Hey, OOP, who's the Quickstrike player? We should let him know that we're having this discussion so he can pop in. If he wants to jump in early, we'll have to catch him up on what's going on and the changes being made.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Silverbolt and Quickstrike both display alien influence (almost like they're transmetals) when they're unaffected by the... emp...ish attack from the Metal Hunter in "Other Visits". And the quantum surge is the reason their scanners were damaged, resulting in their becoming fuzors.

Personally, I don't care. Phoenix brings up a great point- we already have fuzors (Feralnight and Aurora), so we've already gone against the show. And if their players decide they want them to have those transmetal qualities later on, the fuzors can be affected by the surge just as easily being up and about as they can being stuck in a stasis pod.

I don't see what's wrong with going against the show, anyways. I think, ultimately, the logic of the role play should be at the service of the players, and not the other way around. Consequently, I believe that it'd be much better for the players to be able to come into the game in the next episode- at the sacrifice of not being completely accurate with the characters' backgrounds- then for us to be completely faithful to the script, at the sacrifice of making the players wait longer.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Warwulf
RPG Characters: Silverbolt, Trantrum

Unread post by Warwulf »

I'm indifferent on the idea, personally.

While I'd love to get in the game early, I'd also like to be faithful to the wayy Silverbolt was introduce (if nothing else in the whole story line). Or, at the very least, Boss Monkey has to be dead.

Nothing personal, OOP. :wink:
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

While I'd love to get in the game early, I'd also like to be faithful to the wayy Silverbolt was introduce (if nothing else in the whole story line). Or, at the very least, Boss Monkey has to be dead.

Nothing personal, OOP.
I'm offended! :lol: Okay, not really. But I am confused now. If Warwulf doesn't want to bring Silverbolt in earlier than OP's death, then why was there a big stink made about making people wait to join, specifically the players for 'Bolt and QS? Someone had better make up their mind.

Yes, Alak, I will contact the player for Quickstrike and let him know what's going on, just as soon as I have a moment to do so during this busy weekend.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Poor Primal was just beaten to pulp in the clone episode, now he gets blown up in space..

Warwulf was asking me when he could join the game, thinking we were further along in the storyline than we are. Since the episodes take a long time to play through, I thought maybe bringing the fuzors in early could help the situation. Also would give something else for the other characters to do.

@Warwulf: Truth be told I'm a little concerned you'll lose interest if you have to wait too long. You're not as patient as you like to think sometimes. :p
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Ok, lets move onto the next episode. !!!