Initiating Purge

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Initiating Purge

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

#drags self through doorway# well thats been one hell of a ride. Thank #Primus/God/Frosty the Snowman/Flying Spaghetti Monster# that things have started to stabilise. Those of you who are FB friends, may (or may not) have noticed that my account has vanished. Don't take it personally, I just wanted to give FB the big middle finger and get back to the good old days of talking to someone about what they are doing with their life, as opposed to reading about their latest bowel movement and viewing the attached picture to boot. This has been just the tip of the iceberg as far as life changes go. Up until the last time I posted, I had begun renting a house from my parents. After having my privacy violated on a number of occasions, the line was drawn and it was time to pack up and ship out. This happened alongside a number of other personal dramas (not the least of which was a $15,000 credit card debt) which fortunately resulted in my quitting my old job and starting to work in Colgate-Palmolive (a magical wonderful workplace and a company which is in the Top 5 ethically driven companies in its field BOO YAH!). Meet the new boss, not the same as the old boss :D As a part of this reshuffle, I have taken stock of all my worldly possessions and I felt ill as I looked at the sheer weight of crapola I had accumulated in my relatively short time on this planet. As a result, I have begun selling off chunks of my collection and look forward to selling off much more. I am narrowing my collection down to primarily Beast Wars and a couple of G1 figures I have kept from childhood, but the rest is an "everything must go" sale. I have already sold off my collector's edition Lego Millenium Falcon and a bunch of G1 reissue figures and I've gotta tell you, it feels great. My partner and I have recently been going out to a Buddhist temple in the Southern Highlands of Sydney and the approach to life that is discussed in that lovely forest is a breath of fresh air, both literally and metaphorically. I am by no means calling myself a Buddhist, however I have strayed quite far from the hard-line, punishing edicts of the Catholic faith and Christianity. I have been undertaking much reflection and study about society, politics and religious origins and the journey is extremely exciting. I can no longer stand as a number in the ranks of a judgemental religion and I am saddened to see that around the world, the message of love and kindness (spoken by Buddha/Jesus/Mohammed/etc.) has been warped and twisted in such a way where followers of all walks of life are casting judgement. I know the irony of this statement, and I want to make it clear that this phrase is passed not in a judging matter (i.e. I will not go around to people's houses and slap them with a wet fish until they reach enlightenment), but it is more a resigned sadness that people cannot see the harm they do unto others and themselves by propagating the rules and dogma that were created and passed down by other human beings under the guise of divine right. I know that in order to survive in this society, one must have a job and be a part of this machine, however I am going to strive to step as far as I can from the material side of things (maybe I'll cheat a bit as computer games are not technically "material" :wink: ) so that I can be free to roam this wonderful planet and pass on in a state of peace when my time comes. Imagine if we could all just find our peaceful center. Imagine if we could all wake up in the morning and be happy to be the person we are. :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Wow, you've had your fair share of going on's lately as well. I certainly hope things settle for you soon.

I too tried the whole 'renting from the parents' thing at one point as well, and went through the exact same violation of privacy issues. Not fun. Perhaps a flaw of parents in general? Hopefully I'll be less annoying when my child grows up, although I'm sure all parents say the same thing..
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Congrats you two, I've been worried about you both ever since we last talked. I'm glad to hear you two have found a course of your own and are on your way to much smoother sailing :) I'm sorry so much crap had to happen in the mean time, but again, congrats on finally making your way out of the storm!
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~