Transformers 4 Director?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Transformers 4 Director?

Unread post by JazZeke »

Well, Bay and Lebeef and co. are saying this is their last Transformers movie. Good riddance, I say. Bay was reluctant to even touch the franchise at first, and he never even touched the Transformers' true potential. I've never really cared for Lebeef, I think he's decent at the one character he knows how to play (seriously. Sam + Indiana's son + that kid from Disturbia - all the same), but I seriously loathe that worthless Gary Stu Sam Witwicky.*

I don't think it would be a good idea for Hasbro and Dreamworks to totally reboot. That just means new designs, which means money for new CGI, money to start everything else from scratch, etc. Besides, I think the general moviegoing audience is growing weary of reboots. If the growing excitement for the Avengers is any indication, people love continuity, a huge cohesive universe that movies build into.

Besides, despite Revenge of Devastator's Scrotum, this movieverse still has some potential - it's not totally a lost cause. In more competent hands, the next movie could really be something.

So who is your dream director for Transformers 4? I would love to see Robert Zemeckis. He adds a touch of wonder and magic to his movies, even in his more recent stuff like Beowolf. That's something the Transformers movies could use and have been sorely lacking. And the man does great with special effects bonanzas; his magnum opus is the Back to the Future trilogy. In my eyes, he's a shoe-in.

*HE WENT TO ROBOT HEAVEN TO HEAR THE PRIMES TELL HIM HOW AWESOME HE IS. I don't care what you say, no "selfless" and "true" leader would abandon his best friend in the park for the remote chance to getting laid.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Lebeef? You mean Shia Labeouf?
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

:lol: LeBeef

I have to agree that Sam's character is a little bit of a Gary Stu especially in that one scene you mentioned. Despite how I critized Bay's way of making flims, if Bay didn't do it, no one would. After all, Alex and Roberto went to many directors and all they got was "I don't want to direct a stupid toy movie."

Bay was the only who did.

I don't know that many directors (I hardly watch movies anymore XD) and the ones I know are George Lucas and J.J Abrams.

And after what George Lucas did with the Star Wars Prequels? Ummmm no thanks. XDD (Even though the CGI for Cybertron would probably be cool to see but that's it.)

J.J Abrams? This director is good at suspense and action. I did like what he did in the Star Trek movie but not alot of people like him and J.J abrams probably won't do it because he is doing television and more movies. So yeah, he is full of work to do.

I won't mind some unknown director who got Hollywood off his back and did the movie but some independent directors don't do some well for example what happened in the Tekken movie. To me, it was full of :shock: :o :evil:

Whoever it is, I hope it is a director who knows how to convey tone(You wouldn't know how many directors can't seem to choose between humor or dark. Lucas has this problem. Badly.), how to write a story, can do character development, treats the Transformers as the main characters that they are (and with some respect too), and if there is humor, no toliet humor, please.

That's all I have. :lol:
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Abrams would be great for Transformers. His work with suspense pieces would definitely lend a hand to the mystery that surrounds Autobots and Decepticons... at least in the humans' eyes. He knows how to work with action, as well (see Star Trek).
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Actually, I would love to see his take so does my mom. We both loved his Star Trek movie. XDD But the guy has alot on his plate yet I would be excited to see how he would do it. :D