Chromia or Elita One?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Ok, I was hoping to maintain lurker status... until I read this post. You keep saying that you're looking to improve. You keep saying that you'll try not to get too defensive over your OCs. You keep saying that you're open to criticism. Yet, you refuse to answer a simple fragment of a Mary Sue survey??? NH, yours actions dictate what you believe and how you feel, not what you write around here. Your constant refusal to cooperate with the very people you seek help from is why you keep facing so much resistance. We tell you that something doesn't work, you thank us for the input, and completely throw the feedback out the window. It's ok because we're not mad, but then you go ahead and repeat this several more times. Everyone in this thread is willing to give their assistance to help you make a story that won't get shredded by trolls. If you're getting hurt over what your friends are saying, just imagine how much worse it's going to get once you put this on DeviantArt or that fanfiction website. It won't kill you if you take the Mary Sue test (not that's it's perfect by any means). Long story short: Don't ask for help if you're just going to toss it aside. It only offends your allies and alienates them.
Fine, i'll take the survey.
Do your characters fall in love with canon characters and get that love returned to them
yes and no. They get along at first, then after a hell raising ordeal then they do.
Do they often express wiser things than the characters around them/often make decisions which, in the end, prove to be the best possible decisions
No.
Can they wreck most opponents they come across
No. (I'm being honest here)
Do they have abilities (or curses) which are, for the most part, unique to them
Yes and no. (Its more like a curse but it depends on the OC)
Do the specific talents of canon characters seem to fall prey at times to the necessities of the plot
I'm not so sure about that one.
Now, back to the main question: Chromia or Elita-1? I say neither. Optimus Prime and Ironhide are highly respectable characters who epitomize honesty, loyalty, and true faith in goodness. Some hot new femme bot who likes to strut her stuff and is absurdly effective in combat isn't going to make these two fall head over heals for her. Optimus would give her a promotion and Ironhide would give her a pat on the back. Did you watch the Generation 1 cartoons? Optimus Prime and Ironhide were on Earth while Elita-1 and Chromia were stuck on Cybertron, and this split lasted for over 4 million years. When they reunited, they still showed signs of love and affection for each other. So, ask yourself this: if these guys can maintain a 4 million year long distance relationship with their gals without any contact whatsoever, what hope does your OC have in wedging herself in between? This fiction of yours is going to end up with unrequited love.
Yes, i know that. And no i've only watched a few episodes and to tell you the truth Starscream's and Megatron voices sounds like some one is killing a Seagull with a bag pipe. And you raise another good point, but i'm not making excuses when i say that this is fanfiction, the girls could be dead for all they know (again i'm just pointing out a fact that its fanfiction) . And to answer your last question: Very little almost zero.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Alak wrote:Now, back to the main question: Chromia or Elita-1? I say neither. Optimus Prime and Ironhide are highly respectable characters who epitomize honesty, loyalty, and true faith in goodness. Some hot new femme bot who likes to strut her stuff and is absurdly effective in combat isn't going to make these two fall head over heals for her. Optimus would give her a promotion and Ironhide would give her a pat on the back. Did you watch the Generation 1 cartoons? Optimus Prime and Ironhide were on Earth while Elita-1 and Chromia were stuck on Cybertron, and this split lasted for over 4 million years. When they reunited, they still showed signs of love and affection for each other. So, ask yourself this: if these guys can maintain a 4 million year long distance relationship with their gals without any contact whatsoever, what hope does your OC have in wedging herself in between? This fiction of yours is going to end up with unrequited love.
Once you go Prime, no one else is worth your time! :P
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

JazZeke wrote:
Alak wrote:Now, back to the main question: Chromia or Elita-1? I say neither. Optimus Prime and Ironhide are highly respectable characters who epitomize honesty, loyalty, and true faith in goodness. Some hot new femme bot who likes to strut her stuff and is absurdly effective in combat isn't going to make these two fall head over heals for her. Optimus would give her a promotion and Ironhide would give her a pat on the back. Did you watch the Generation 1 cartoons? Optimus Prime and Ironhide were on Earth while Elita-1 and Chromia were stuck on Cybertron, and this split lasted for over 4 million years. When they reunited, they still showed signs of love and affection for each other. So, ask yourself this: if these guys can maintain a 4 million year long distance relationship with their gals without any contact whatsoever, what hope does your OC have in wedging herself in between? This fiction of yours is going to end up with unrequited love.
Once you go Prime, no one else is worth your time! :P
*seriously needs a like emote right about now* :D
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

This might get me stern glances from everyone who's written in this thread, but I wasn't asking for a written response to the questions in my post. I had just written them down for Night Hunter to think over. Then again, I am glad you looked over them, Night Hunter.

Now, I admit I'm a bit confused... when you said "I'm not going to answer that", did you mean you didn't want to answer the character questions, or you didn't want to answer something else I said?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

This might get me stern glances from everyone who's written in this thread, but I wasn't asking for a written response to the questions in my post. I had just written them down for Night Hunter to think over. Then again, I am glad you looked over them, Night Hunter.
Your welcome.
Now, I admit I'm a bit confused... when you said "I'm not going to answer that", did you mean you didn't want to answer the character questions, or you didn't want to answer something else I said?
I was already in a bad mood when i said that which meant i didn't want to answer your character questions. But after i calmed down (Playing Prototype helps) i desided to answer those questions. Another idea came to me so you can forget the whole OC/Canon thing.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."