Legendary Bird

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Legendary Bird

Unread post by Alak »

http://alakdilion.deviantart.com/art/Le ... -175138021

Wow this took a while. First of all, my line art sucks to begin with so I spent a great deal of time retracing my lines and erasing the random, unnecessary strokes. My coloring also sucks mainly due to lack of shading experience, so I figured starting with an anime character would be easier. I was always good at keeping the colors inside the black lines as a kid, but I really messed up with this one. Took me a while to erase the mistakes since I had different layers for each color/shade. The drawing was done with Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 on a Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet. It was then transferred to Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended (only $190 for students). The effects and lighting took about 10 minutes overall, if you can't tell just by looking at it.

I'd really appreciate feedback on the lighting and coloring. I'm trying to get this down before starting on my next Orcariner picture.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Looks pretty good color and line wise. You can really recognize the pokemon.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Thanks. I was actually thinking about you and JazZeke while coloring this. You both do awesome jobs at coloring and shading, but you manage to pull it off with a computer mouse lol.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Ah, well I have alot of artist friends (and have dated a few..*coughs*) so I tend to try to pick their brains a bit while watching their works, sometimes which they post on ustream. It's interesting to watch those sorta things on there or youtube. I suppose it also helps if you think about perspective, light source, shadow and shine and so on.. plus always color using layers helps alot and doing everything big, then resizing it (making things small masks mistakes!)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Yeah, totally forgot about shine. I'll need to practice that since Transmetals are usually shiny themselves heheh.