Blackarachnia Is A Cross Between Dinobot And Airazor

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Demon Man

Blackarachnia Is A Cross Between Dinobot And Airazor

Unread post by Demon Man »

As you know, I made that "Dinobot and Blackarachnia Situation" thread back in 2008. But though I was glad to see some people enjoying it and what it led to(that story on Fanfiction.Net artemisladywarrior pointed out),
I couldn't help but notice BA's similarities to Dinobot also extend to another area.

What's that, you ask? It's the fact she seems to be a cross between him and Airazor.

Think about it...BA may have been Airazor's replacement for Season 3, or at least MEANT TO BE, while Depth Charge replaced Dinobott, but she not only was the female Maximal, she was the female Dinobot.

After all, the "Dinobot" part of her comes from how she used to be one of the Predacons, even though she is now a Maximal, cannot fly, helped the human race once(by taking the blast for the two anthropoids in "Cutting Edge")and has a tough, badass personality. In addition to that, she went at it with Rattrap, while Cheetor had a crush on her for a time, just like he liked Dinobot back when he was alive, and she is a complex character who loves fighting.

And the "Airazor" part of her? Well, the first, foremost and most obvious is the fact she's a female/fembot. But then there's the matter of her being very feisty and tomboyish, just like Airazor was, plus has a blaster for a weapon rather than a sword or rotor blade, and though she does not share Airazor's love of nature, she still has been involved with it from time to time(such as talking to that butterfly in "Proving Grounds"). As if that weren't enough, she never gives up, just like Airazor doesn't, and, just Airazor, her lover is a peace loving man with an honor streak and a kind personality. Plus, her spider-leg machine guns are similar to the wrist missiles of Airazor.

She also died once, though unlike Dinobot, who stayed dead, and unlike Airazor, who also did(until the Transformers Universe comics, at least), she came back. Still, the fact she died at all qualifies for a similarity.

In conclusion, there you have it. Blackarachnia, to me, is like a cross between Dinobot and Airazor in so many ways. Agree? Disagree? Have any opinions? Feel free to state whatever you think on this subject.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

While I agree with your comparison with Dinobot, I'd have to disagree with your comparison with Airazor.

1) Blackarachnia is exceedingly feminine, but not in the damsel in distress sort of way. She's a femme fatale who's constantly trying to use her charms to control Tarantulas (succeeded), Silverbolt (succeeded), and Megatron (failed). Sorry, but I don't really see her as a tomboy at all.

2) The weapons are completely different. Airazor was only shown to have used her wrist missile launchers on TV. Blackarachnia used automatic weapons (spider legs) and a hook launcher. The only similarity I see here is that her spider leg guns and airazor's missile launchers are on their forearms.

3) The whole death and revival thing is just a common television trope that can be applied to her, Optimus Primal (end of Season 1), Dinobot (if you count Dinobot II as legit), Tigatron (Tigerhawk), Airazor (Tigerhawk), and maybe or maybe not Cheetor...depending on how you view his Transmetal II transformation process.

4) You are absolutely correct in comparing their love interests being noble, chivalrous Maximals. This proves one thing: nice guys can finish first!!! WHOO!