What is the most obscure Beast Wars related thing you own?

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Oh those are just collectors cards which have their bios and stuff on, I have a few of those now (mostly for BW2 and BWNeo figures) I dont really consider those obscure though lol
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:
There was a character card inside a Megatron transmetal T-rex box. Everything is in Japanese, except the words Destron.
I have a TM Rattrap like that! Is the character card holographic? Rattrap's card changes from his original beast mode, to his TM beast mode and then to his TM robot mode. Or something like that. But I got him in that Japanese packaging because his TM shiny paint was pink instead of red. :lol: I like getting the miscolored toys. :roll:
Yes it is OOP!
transformersvoice

Aesir wrote:Oh those are just collectors cards which have their bios and stuff on, I have a few of those now (mostly for BW2 and BWNeo figures) I dont really consider those obscure though lol
Yes, I agree with you, but I wanted to mention it anyway! :D
Darth Knuckles

Unread post by Darth Knuckles »

Well now that I've thought about this topic, I have a few different colored Beast Wars toys. I have the Waspinator toy that is primarily gray with yellow feet, not mostly green, and his wings are blue, not clear, and his eyes are red instead of blue. Then I have a Transmetal Cheetor that is mainly red and black instead of the normal silver, yellow, and blue. I also have the Transmetal Tarantulas that is mainly gray, black, and green instead of purple, dark blue, and orange. I also have the Dinobot Transmetal 2 toy that is an off white almost tan instead of actually being white.

I also have Transmetal Cybershark and Mantis. I'm sure none of these are very rare but they are different enough from the show anyway.
"Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals. The future has changed. Yeeeessss. The Autobots lose, evil triumphs, and you, you, no longer exist! " - Megatron (Beast Wars)
transformersvoice

Sinead wrote:A set of golden disks that were sold at Botcon 2006 ... a "Got Scott?" T-shirt that Hacker made with this image on the back: http://sinead.deviantart.com/art/Relivi ... m-19217718
Nice! A T shirt with that image on it! What an experience to meet him!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Uh.. lets see.. the Beastwars Videogame for PC of all things (Basically a scaled up version of the Playstation game with a Multiplayer online deathmatch mode)

and I guess my Transmetal blue Rattrap?

I wouldn't call the comics obscure though..unless maybe the japanese ones. Normal tf wise..Transformers manga from 1985 to 1990, my little Minerva Figurine, Transformers coloring book, Bootlegged vhs tapes before Kidrhino released g1 videos, Micromaster gestalt Sixturbo, bootlegged gold painted Optimus Prime toy which I've dubbed "Jankimus Prime", Robotmasters Victory Saber, and probably weirder is Brave series bootlegs of Chouryujin,Gekiryujin(they're twice normal size), Fire Dagwon, and Super Build Tiger.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

NaitoKage wrote:
and I guess my Transmetal blue Rattrap?
Packrat ^.^ lol
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Bump.

After looking around recently,I did find something obscure that I own.

I have,in fact,the autograph of Nobuyuki Hiyama,the Japanese Seyiuu(Voice Actor)of Rampage. :D
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
MariaSunderland

Unread post by MariaSunderland »

I was a Beast Wars mug! *pouts*

I think the only "obscure" Beast Wars thing I possess is a signature of Scott McNeil on one of my drawings. I didn't know he was going to be at FanExpo and that's all I had. I wanted him to sign the back, and he then requested one from me that I would sign, so we swapped signatures. LOL
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

MariaSunderland wrote:I was a Beast Wars mug! *pouts*

I think the only "obscure" Beast Wars thing I possess is a signature of Scott McNeil on one of my drawings. I didn't know he was going to be at FanExpo and that's all I had. I wanted him to sign the back, and he then requested one from me that I would sign, so we swapped signatures. LOL
That's awesome...but he was announced in the FanExpo Website during that time...of course,they said he was only there Saturday(Though,technically,he was there for the whole weekend,lousy organization on Hobbystar's part).Also,the possession of Scott's Autograph isn't considered obscure,since he is well-known in the Anime world...but since that's what you own,that's fine with us.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

MariaSunderland

Wonko The Sane wrote:
MariaSunderland wrote:I was a Beast Wars mug! *pouts*

That's awesome...but he was announced in the FanExpo Website during that time...of course,they said he was only there Saturday(Though,technically,he was there for the whole weekend,lousy organization on Hobbystar's part).Also,the possession of Scott's Autograph isn't considered obscure,since he is well-known in the Anime world...but since that's what you own,that's fine with us.
Oh yeah, I know he was... Now. lol Honestly we had a table in artist alley and we were so busy we couldn't really be bothered into looking for all the activities around. It was my friend who took the time to look and let me know Scott was going to be there. After much fangirl flailing, I took some time to go ;) lol

Well that's, sadly, all I have that could be considered somewhat (not! lol ) rare. Unless you count the french version of the first 4 episodes of season one an "obscure" item... Frankly, I think it's just a sad item to have. lol
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

The French version I’m quite aware of,but I haven’t heard of it being released on DVD or VHS...so I could count that as obscure,considering that none of us have that,except only the French...but...none of us here are from France(I think).

Oh,so that explains a lot.So were you alone on your table most of the time?Cause if you had other friends watching the fort,you could have wandered off and met a good load of people who worked on Beast Wars,except,they were hard to find. :wink:

MariaSunderland

Wonko The Sane wrote:The French version I’m quite aware of,but I haven’t heard of it being released on DVD or VHS...so I could count that as obscure,considering that none of us have that,except only the French...but...none of us here are from France(I think).

Oh,so that explains a lot.So were you alone on your table most of the time?Cause if you had other friends watching the fort,you could have wandered off and met a good load of people who worked on Beast Wars,except,they were hard to find. :wink:
I don't think the whole series came out on VHS (and I live in Canada ;) ) but a big portion of the first season did, at the very least. The translation was ridiculous and made little sense. At some point Cheetor, english says something around the lines of "That's some hard, cold slag..." In french he says "I think I'm gonna commit suicide, guys". I am NOT kidding. It was littered with comments like these. I understand some things aren't easy to translate, but I'm sure they could have used something else then a suicide quote -_-; Oh and Dinobot doesn't snarl. Ever.

We were three. But because I didn't think I wanted to see anyone of interest, I let my friends wander a lot more then me. Scott was at the con with Richard Cox mainly to sign Inu Yasha posters and DVD's. Some people have Beast Wars dvd's in line for Scott to sign though. :) It's really my own fault I didn't look at the schedule before coming down. I learned in later years though ;)
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Good Lord,the French needed to do better translation that that....unless they used that line for some dark,twisted comedic moment,but I doubt that...oh well,better than the Japanese version.

Dinobot doesn’t snarl...ever?By Primus,that’s not right at all...it’s a requirement for him to snarl,at least once!

The last time I heard of Richard and Scott together in a Con would be around 2004 or 2005 I guess(Wow,long time ago,eh?).A true Con-goer,even one who is in the Artist’s Alley,must always see the schedule...although the one in FanExpo ‘09 wasn’t great.Not only because Scott was there for three days,but they forgot to include Colin Murdock(Quickstrke)in the schedule...although he was only there for Saturday(I think)and they had no Autograph Session for Lee Tockar(Ravage)and he was there for three days....I facepalm on Hobbystar for treating three wonderful Beast Voice Actors in their Convention...but whoever the Hell they were focusing at that time,it sure wasn’t them(lol)