Reference Sites

Have you got some cool BW links to tell us about? How about your own website? Let us know here!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Reference Sites

Unread post by Alak »

I noticed that some people are not completely informed of the entire Beast Wars/TF universe since the franchise expands into comic books, movies, cartoon shows, novels, etc. Here's some websites that have updated information so that the people I'm referring to don't have to enter a discussion with limited knowledge:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

http://tfu.info

http://www.wikipedia.org

http://www.google.com

Welcome to the 21st century, the internet is your best friend. :D If anyone else has a website they like to use as a transformers reference, please post it. This way, people won't have to spend time correcting others, and others won't have to say "I never read it so I never knew that so-and-so went from zero to hero"......or anything similar to that lol.
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

While that's so informative... have you ever stopped to consider some people prefer just the show?

And/or cannot afford to spend tons of money on comics? Yes, people are well aware of the sites/internet.

Your snarky attitude
Welcome to the internet
is not appreciated.
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

It's true, though. As much as some people hate to admit it, there's more to Beast Wars than just the show. There's more to Transformers than just Beast Wars. If someone's talking about a particular concept found in the entire franchise, and you're basing your posts off of one out of who knows how many generations, you're going to be left behind.

I have never spent money on any comic merchandise except for the Omnibus book ($20!!!), which only has the Ascending and the Gathering. Many comics that are being thrown around (Universe series, 3H, etc.) are ones that I have never laid hands on and probably never will. Is that going make me ignorant of someone's post because I'm disregarding comic continuity and they're not? No! I'm finding the info myself so that I won't change their conversation to my liking. You're obviously taking some considerable offense to what I'm saying, so let me spell it out loud and clear for you:

- this is free material

- this is easy access

- this is updated material can help individuals such as myself catch up with the rest of the world

- I'm certainly not forcing you to use these links, and there's no way I could in the first place. I'm just giving members access to information they already had at their disposal.

If you're still all up in arms over this topic, talk to me through the PM about my snarky attitude.
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

Alak wrote: so let me spell it out loud and clear for you:
And you still don't see your holier-than-thou attitude?

Have you not stopped to consider that someone might not WANT to get involved into the other fandoms? Some people prefer certain parts of the TF fandom, and to shove sites at them telling them mightily to 'educate yourself' is the epitome of snark and attitude that is not wanted here.

If you've looked at Fandoms, than you would KNOW that people of varying ages, love versions of the fandom, be it TFA and BW, or BM and G1... it doesn't matter.

Just because they choose to stay in one part of the fandom does not make them less of a fan,

So get over yourself.
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

artemis-lady-warrior
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by artemis-lady-warrior »

To be honest I'm perfectly happy just having information about Beast Wars from the show mostly because the comics and stuff seem to go weird place.

Plus they feature robots that never appear in the show at all and it can be confusing.
Desperately needs customer service
[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/SteKim/combo-1.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Lady Venom wrote: And you still don't see your holier-than-thou attitude?
Well it's intentional so it'd be kinda pointless if it wasn't obvious. :wink:
Lady Venom wrote:Have you not stopped to consider that someone might not WANT to get involved into the other fandoms? Some people prefer certain parts of the TF fandom, and to shove sites at them telling them mightily to 'educate yourself' is the epitome of snark and attitude that is not wanted here.
I have considered it, and the fact that there's people like you here makes it pretty hard not to. Yet, in the short duration that I've been here, I've noticed and participated in discussion on Transformers outside of the Beast Wars series. You don't have to join them; not one's forcing you to, but for those who do talk about such content may appreciate extra information that can help them learn more. If someone posts a reference because of my misinformed posts, I don't get on their case. I thank them because they're doing me a favor.
Lady Venom wrote:If you've looked at Fandoms, than you would KNOW that people of varying ages, love versions of the fandom, be it TFA and BW, or BM and G1... it doesn't matter.

Just because they choose to stay in one part of the fandom does not make them less of a fan,
Not sure if this is a reference to me or someone else you have issues with, but I agree with your comment. Nothing wrong with liking a particular generation and disliking another (heck, I'm not a big fan of G1, Energon, etc.).
Lady Venom wrote:So get over yourself.
Irony
artemis-lady-warrior wrote:To be honest I'm perfectly happy just having information about Beast Wars from the show mostly because the comics and stuff seem to go weird place.

Plus they feature robots that never appear in the show at all and it can be confusing.
More power to ya! The Beast Wars comics pretty much have zero ties to the American show other than being on the same planet...and Megatron having a cameo action scene. I'm pretty sure they exist only to sell Habsro's immense toyline.[/quote][/i]
Last edited by Alak on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Okay, general public warning at this point: COOL IT.

Alak, thank you for the information, but I personally found your tone a little degrading as well. Unfortunately I can't hear your real voice to hear that you're kidding, so I can understand how some may take offense to your wording and perceived tone. It also bothers me a bit that you admitted to taking a condescending tone, but I will address that with you privately.

LV, yes, as it has been shown not everyone likes to read the comics lines, and it is not necessary to do so. Thank you for defending those individuals as well as your own point of view, but it is also your choice to ignore Alak's information. I will continue to also speak with you privately.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~