I'm New

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Cougor

Unread post by Cougor »

:? okay.
"It's not my problem that you get pick on by Dinobot."-Cougor
CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

Whoops! I meant to say "I take it you like Tarantulus" (I probably still didn't spell his name right :? ).

And you do realize we're kidding, right? Welcome Cougor, welcome! :D
Cougor

Unread post by Cougor »

yeah i realize that. and thank you.
Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:...Creepy Tarantulas fans... :wink:
You got something against us? I think me being arachnophobic and still liking Tarantulas pretty much tells what kind of character he is... :wink:
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo
TangledInYourWeb

Unread post by TangledInYourWeb »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:...Creepy Tarantulas fans... :wink:
We may be creepy (well... at least I am)... but you still luv us none-the-less. ^.^
Cougor

Unread post by Cougor »

thats right.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

You got something against us?
Of course not! 8) I mean, I don't mind spiders at all. In fact, I like most except for black widows. :wink: Tarantulas are cool because they're so big. However, Tarantulas is insane and psychotic. He gives spiders a bad name. :lol:
but you still luv us none-the-less.
Yesss, I suppose I do. :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:
You got something against us?
Of course not! 8) I mean, I don't mind spiders at all. In fact, I like most except for black widows. :wink: Tarantulas are cool because they're so big.
EEEEEEEK! I don't want to get in contact with a spider. Tarantulas, I wouldn't mind, but real ones... :shock:

Well... I'm also insectophobic. I like ladybugs, butterflies and crickets and such, but I always go into hysterics when a bee, bumblebee, wasp or something like that comes too near. And I hate ants... they bite. And our house is infested with the little critters during summer. They found a hole somewhere a couple of years ago and my Dad has to use bug poison to kill them every year.

But... I love non-poisonous snakes. It's kinda strange that my Mom doesn't mind spiders, but she hates snakes.. and I'm the opposite. Scorpions are the only arachnids that I don't have a stupid fear for. I wouldn't touch one, but I surely don't go hysteric when I see one.

And my Mom hates rats and doesn't mind bats (rhyme... :lol: )... I like rats, but only the normal ones. My Mom saw a cat-sized rat once, and I don't like those! It's tail was about the size of a snake, for God's sake! :shock: And then... I don't mind bats either. If it was found out that a wild bat wouldn't carry any diseases, like rabies, I would keep the critter on my hand. They're just so cute.
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I love almost every insect except for misquitoes and ticks. The praying mantis is my favorite. I enjoy watching them and letting them crawl on me. Butterflies and dragonflies are neat. I like bees and yellowjackets, too. I've been stung by them before but I'm not allergic so they don't bother me. I don't mind letting them crawl on my hands. In fact, I often encourage them to. LoL Beetles, kateydids (sp?), lightning bugs, grasshoppers, cicadas. They're all cool. I've only ever held one walking stick before, years ago when I was little. They're pretty interesting.

Snakes are awesome; I love holding them. Boas and pythons are beautiful. My sibs and I used to mess around with water snakes and copperheads when we were little. Heh. I've never owned one, though. The only reptiles I had were a bunch of anoles and a baby iguana. My younger sister has a white-spotted gecko, though.

I like bats. Everyone should. They eat millions of bugs. :wink: I'd like to own a rat sometime. I think they're so cute. ^.^ But since I already own an angel fish that doesn't want to die, I have to wait on getting a rodent. :roll: My mom doesn't want too many pets in the house, I guess. I have no room right now for a rat cage anyway, which I'd also have to buy because I don't think it would be comfortable in a 10 gallon hexagon tank. :wink:

My mom isn't frightened when it comes to bugs, arachnids, rodents, etc. That's probably where I get it from. My dad doesn't really like reptiles. I don't recall him ever touching the ones I used to have. LoL Sissy.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Cougor

Unread post by Cougor »

i guess my avatar caused this. i'll go ahead and change it.
CabooseMoose7103

Unread post by CabooseMoose7103 »

Nah, don't bother, I'll stop twitching...eventually...*twitch* :wink:

Heh, this might have started an interesting topic though. Maybe somebody should put a thread in "General Information" about what everybody is afraid of. It could be interesting, eh?
Cougor

Unread post by Cougor »

yeah. very interesting.