Separate Topics for Different Locations?

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Separate Topics for Different Locations?

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Before we get rolling, and if I'm to start the game off with Primal, I have a question about the format of the game. Are we going to have separate topics for different locations of interaction? For example, for things going on only in the Maximal base, should we just have a topic specifically for the Axalon? And all the Predacon activity can be done in its own topic perhaps labeled as "The Darksyde." And for everything else that goes on on Earth, there could be a topic called "Neutral Territory" which wouldn't be "owned" or occupied by either Maximals or Predacons but battles can occur there and other things like stasis pod landings. Or something to that effect so that all of these posts aren't crammed into one crowded topic for the game. I've found in previous message board RPG's that it works a lot easier like that with a lot less confusion.

If no one understands what I'm talking about, please ask questions and I'll try to explain it better. XD

Another question I have: Are we going by episodes from the show? If so, then maybe we can disregard everything I just said above and instead we could have just one topic for every episode with all of the characters' posts in it no matter where the interactions take place. I don't know. What do you guys think?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Tor
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Tor »

Yeah!

Thats how some other RP sites are structured, 'n' it works just fine. I like the idea OOP!

DT
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Hate to bring up another idea, but what about one topic per episode? I'd be up for anything, but I just wanted to put out another idea.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Another question I have: Are we going by episodes from the show? If so, then maybe we can disregard everything I just said above and instead we could have just one topic for every episode with all of the characters' posts in it no matter where the interactions take place. I don't know. What do you guys think?
Hate to bring up another idea, but what about one topic per episode? I'd be up for anything, but I just wanted to put out another idea.
I think that's the way I would want to do it, an individual thread for an individual episode.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm so sorry I didn't get this done as soon as I thought I could've! >_< I have more questions, anyway. :roll:
I think that's the way I would want to do it, an individual thread for an individual episode.
I think that would be just as good! I like that idea too. Which brings up one of my questions: Which episode are we starting from? At first I thought it was around "The Probe" from previous discussions, but then I think we had another topic about it (about starting after the crash, so I was assuming "Beast Wars Part 1 or Part 2") but I don't think the decision was concluded.

Also, I don't mind if I start a little narration for the game's opening with OP, but it might be fun if I did one with OP from the Maximals' point of view, and DinoTor did one with Megs from the Predacons' point of view. It was just a thought that crossed my mind earlier today to get both factions rolling. But I don't know if DinoTor cares to do that or not. It doesn't matter to me.
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Honestly, OOP, if you can start it at all, I think it'll just take off from there. Don't worry so hard! We've all got faith in you! Let's just stick to the bones of the script, flesh it out as we deem necessary, and we can rewrite everything from there. I think that however you start it will just be the snowball at the top of the hill. You push it slightly, and it's gonna roll, gathering weight and gaining speed.

Maybe we just follow scripts for now, and then once we've got a handle on the characters, break away a little more until we get to The Probe, in which case we alter the entire Beast Wars. YAY, CHAOS! hehehe ...
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

You know what they say in that strange monkey religion:
"Fallow the holy banana. It will show you the way."

Personaly, i think we should start at the part just after the crash, have the Canon chars and the OC's that crash their first intro's, and go from there.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

That's where the poll decided unanimously that we start, actually. Now it's just up to us (since this is going to be a group effort after the first post) to actually get the ball rolling.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Honestly, OOP, if you can start it at all, I think it'll just take off from there. Don't worry so hard! We've all got faith in you!
:oops: I do worry too much, don't I? XD
Let's just stick to the bones of the script, flesh it out as we deem necessary, and we can rewrite everything from there. I think that however you start it will just be the snowball at the top of the hill. You push it slightly, and it's gonna roll, gathering weight and gaining speed.
You got it, Sinead. I'll type up a quick narration for an introduction just so everyone knows what has happened up to the point after they've crashed. I don't know how well it will work to stick strictly to the script since we're going to have some "new" characters involved, but at least this way will open up opportunities for them. I'll get right on it and have it posted soon! Sorry for the delay.
You know what they say in that strange monkey religion:
"Fallow the holy banana. It will show you the way."
Hey! You can't say anything about that monkey religion unless you're actually a monkey! Speaking of which, where did I leave my bunch of bananas...? :lol:
Personaly, i think we should start at the part just after the crash, have the Canon chars and the OC's that crash their first intro's, and go from there.
All right, Ven. Thanks. I'll see what I can come up with, and hopefully have it posted by tonight so everyone can start joining in, or at the latest tomorrow evening. Splee! *runs off to ponder and type*

EDIT:
I started a new topic for the RPG and posted an opening. EVERYONE BEGIN PLAYING! :D