Addendums to The Rules

Read these before posting and help The Intergalactic Highway run smoothly. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Starath
Site Admin

Addendums to The Rules

Unread post by Starath »

(Note: Edited 04/13/09)

Hi everyone,

Here are some additional rules and guidelines to consider when posting on these forums. Please remember to read and familiarize yourself with our main set of rules, found here, and our Etiquette statement, found here, as well.

1. One or two word posts aren't cool. If you post a message, make sure it contributes to the thread beyond saying “I agree” or “lol”. This will promote healthy conversation in our threads so there is actual discussion. We don't want the threads to look like an IM conversation.

2. Please keep signature sizes reasonable. They should contain no more than three or four small-ish pictures. Anything more wastes space and could stretch out the forum structure into strange shapes. While interesting, it disrupts the forum’s format.

3. Same goes for avatar sizes. Please keep your avatar at 150x150 pixels maximum. If board Moderators/Admins think your avatar or signature pictures are too big, you will be asked to change it.

4. This isn’t necessarily a rule but a request: If English is your first language, try to use it properly. You don’t have to be perfect, but if English is your first language and yet people have to translate your message, you're doing something wrong. A little proofreading doesn’t hurt, either.
(Note: If English is not your first language, don't worry about it. :mrgreen: )

5. This is a forum, not a chat room. Refrain from using abbreviations, try to use complete sentences, and go for decent grammar. This isn't to say that things like LOL, IMO and ROFL are banned. Some chat-speak is alright, but excessive use is annoying for others to decode.

6. There is absolutely no rule that states you must post in every thread you can. In fact, please don't. If you don't have anything to contribute to the conversation, then please refrain from posting.

7. Please do not double-post. Or triple-post, or any form of multiple posting unless there is a lengthy amount of time between posts (a few days, not minutes). Please edit your post if you realize you have more to say.

8. Don't resurrect a dead thread. Let it sleep. Digging it up from the depths of the Internet isn’t nice and it will smell bad.

9. If you wish to change your screen name or have lost your password, contact an admin and she will help you. Also, there is absolutely no reason for you to register twice. If there is any problem with your account, contact an admin and you will be helped.

10. Banning is permanent. There are no temporary bans for a day, a week, or whatever. If you feel you have been wrongly banned, feel free to contact either Sapphire, Razor One or Starath. But if you don't state your case clearly, intelligently, and nicely, chances are we aren't going to unban you.

11. Spambots have been a problem in the past. If you're a lurker, show you're not a spambot by postinghere.

More rules and guidelines may be added in the future as needed, so please check into this forum section every so often. These are put in place not because Mods and Admins like having power. They are here to keep this forum friendly and running smoothly. If you have questions or concerns about anything, please feel free to contact any of us. We will listen to you. :mrgreen:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"