The Cybertronian Civil War part 3

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

7Knight-Wolf

The Cybertronian Civil War part 3

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

Note: watch out! New characters. As the series goes on, try not to lose track of the characters and it will spare you much confusion.

Part 3: Chris and Nightscream

A ship was zooming through space, on its way to Cybertron. In the back of the ship with all the cargo lay a young robot fast asleep. He was tall and thin, with large eyes like some nocturnal animal; a long strand of brown hair hung over his face, and he had bat-wings attached to his ankles. This youth’s name was Nightscream.

“Hey Scream, wake up!”

The bat-bot sat up. He looked drowsily over to his friend, Chris the human. Chris was a good-looking human with darkish brown hair and a little bit of facial hair on his chin. Sharp brown eyes stood out on his young but tight-drawn face. He looked older than he really was.

“Why did you have to wake me up?” whined Nightscream. “How many timse do I have to tell you? I’m a bat—that means I sleep for like two thirds of my life!”

“Real sorry to burst your bubble,” said Chris mock-apologetically. “I just thought you should know that we’re almost there. We’re almost on Cybertron.”

“Huh?” said Nightscream. “Then where’s the usual welcome committee? The Cybertronians always send hailers up to greet foreign ships, and search the ships and that legal stuff. But apparently they’re too busy to hail any ships.”

“Weren’t you listening to what the boss said?” grumbled Chris. “A civil war started yesterday.”

“Or they could all be on lunch break,” suggested Nightscream. “Or,” he added with a touch of impatience, “maybe they’re all asleep like any decent bot should be!”

Chris shook his head. “Look, it’s gonna be dangerous, so quite kid’n around.”

“Anybody can be dangerous when they don’t get enough sleep,” Nightscream remarked.

“You’re hopeless,” said Chris.

Back on Cybertron, Springer and Topazor reported to Airsweep. They told her the news and were then free to wander the streets until dawn if they wanted. Airsweep seemed glad that the DPS spokesbot Topazor was alive; however, she carefully evaded any questions concerning the rest of the DPS.

Topazor soon understood that Springer would never stop nagging him until he agreed to go out for a drink. “It’s the least I can do for the bot who saved my life back at the prison,” said Springer. So Topazor agreed, and the helicopter and flying wolf flew over Cybertropilas on their way to Katro’s Tavern. This particular tavern was the same place that Topazor had first met Miratron. The wolf-bot wondered, as he flew slowly after Springer, what had become of Miratron. And who whose side was she really on? He kept wondering while he sat down at the bar.

“Hey, Tope!” said Springer, shattering his friend’s thoughts. “Have drink, alright? And then we’ll get you to the nearest CR Chamber.” Springer slid a full metal mug over to Topazor, laughing in his good-natured way. “After all, you are in need of some repairs. Ha, you look like a building fell on you!”

“Actually,” said Topazor; “a building DID fall on me. The Cybertronian Dome, if you believe it.”

“I’ve heard crazier things,” shrugged Springer. Suddenly he stood up, turned toward the door, and exclaimed merrily, “Hey, look what the streets through in! If it isn’t little old Miratron!”

Topazor whirled around in surprise. It was true; the green-and-brown platypus-bot had just come into the tavern. She laid a high-five on Springer’s big, silver hand. She smiled in a peculiar, girlish way as she did so.

Springer sat down and pulled up a chair for Miratron. “You know,” he said with a touch of sarcasm, “besides the war and the fall of the Dome and Megaton’s escape, I can’t think of a happier moment. By the way, duck-feet, this bot here is Topazor. He saved my life today.”

Miratron smiled at Topazor. “I already know this skinny-bot.”

“Is that so? Well then, Tope, it looks like you’re well in.” Springer looked toward the door. “Anyway Miratron, who are your friends? I noticed those humans and a couple of bots loitering around just outside. They were talking to you, right?”

“They were just more street rats,” Miratron replied. “But they are my friends. You could meet some of them; it’s just that they’re a little cranky.”

Springer laughed again. “I always say there’s no cure like a good bubbly drink. Bring your friends in, duck-feet!”

Miratron stood up hesitantly and went out the door. In a minute she came back in, with several morose humans and a tall robot. Miratron indicated the bot and said, “This is Nightscream. He’s a little batty. Literally, he is.”

“Hey kid,” said Springer obligingly. “I’d offer you a beer, batty, but you’re a little young.”

Nightscream sat down petulantly. “And who exactly are you?”

“I’m a soldier, and proud of it,” replied the helicopter-bot. “I get to kick ass all day while Topazor here is stuck in a cubicle writing political speeches.”

“Excuse me,” said one of the humans, “you’re a soldier? And Topazor is politician? Why do you want to talk to us? What do we mean to you?”

Springer cast a fleeting glance at the human. “Well, well, I didn’t even notice you, small fry. But then there are a lot of you little fleshy shrimps running around Cybertron these days. What do they call you, little guy?”

“I’m Chris,” replied the human. “Nightscream and I go way back. We’ve been doing business with Miratron for a few years now.” As he spoke, Chris looked at Springer darkly. He didn’t like soldiers, and he didn’t like people judging him by size.

But if there was thing that Springer established, it was that he was prejudiced against humans.

“Well, looks like we’re all one big happy family then,” said Springer. “There’s me, Topazor, Miratron, Nightscream, and little Chris the shrimp. I’m glad we’re all acquainted.”

What makes you so sure I’m a little shrimp? thought Chris to himself.

During all this, Topazor had fixed his big golden optics on Miratron. He looked at her curiously, wondering who she really was. “So, you’ve been doing business with Chris and Nightscream’s group?”

“Yes,” replied Miratron slowly. “It’s actually a really big group; Chris and Nightscream are lower employees. Why do you ask?”

“We’ve got already got a politician and a soldier, so I just wondered what sort of business YOU do,” answered Topazor.

“Er, I well…” Miratron stammered. “We…we do lots of things. Including weapon-making.”

“So you help supply the military with weapons?” Topazor said.

“Yeah.”

“Do you sell weapons to anybody else?” asked Topazor suspiciously.

Miratron looked up in surprise, but just then, everybody heard a huge sound like an explosion.

“Again?” Springer growled. “What’s with all the booms and bangs lately? Well, let’s go see what it is. It sounds bad, so I wouldn’t miss it.”

Topazor shook his head at Springer’s remark. Springer was definite sportsman, ready to laugh at anything. He even joked about death and war. Topazor with his sensitive conscience wouldn’t dare be so disrespectful.

Everyone in Katro’s Tavern poured outside. Then they stopped stalk-still in shock. Explosions were going off all over town, and dark spaceships were zooming overhead.

“What in the world…?” Topazor gasped.

“We’re being bombed!” screamed a bunch of bots at once. “We’re under attack!!!”

Immediately everyone started stampeding out of control to get to shelter. Many people rushed off to the spaceport to fly out of the city altogether. Topazor got knocked and bumped around as countless bots ran past him. He lost sight of his friends for a moment in the crowd. But it was hard to lose sight of Springer for very long, because he was so burly and tall.

“Where did Miratron go?” Springer shouted, plowing through the crowd until he reached Topazor.

“I don’t know!” Topazor had to shout to be heard above the crowd. “She can handle herself. I just hope Chris and the other humans don’t get trampled in this!”

Springer yelled, “Wait, I see Miratron! She’s running down that alley with Nightscream and the humans. Let’s follow her, Tope; she might need a hand before it’s all over with!” Springer transformed into a helicopter and took off in pursuit of Miratron.

Topazor and Springer took to the air again and followed Miratron through the crowds as well as they could. Since it was night, it would have been very hard to see if not for the many lights that lit up all Cybertron. Jets and ships overhead fired down on them, but the pair of fliers avoided each shot.

“Miratron is heading for the spaceport, or I’m slag,” announced Springer.

Springer and Topazor landed in the spaceport just a few yards away from Miratron. To Topazor’s shock, he saw that everybody was shooting at each other. They were fighting over ships. They all wanted to get away and the spaceport was the nearest option. Topazor dodged blaster-shots left and right. Once or twice he had to throw himself to the ground to duck cross-fire. There were so many bots here already. Topazor saw a trap in the making. Everybot was crowding here, making the spaceport a perfect target for the guys dropping bombs (whoever they were). The Cybertropilas spaceport was big enough that it couldn’t possibly be destroyed in one attack, but one attack still meant lots of carnage.

As the terrible realization hit him, Topazor stopped running after Miratron. He stood where he was and shouted, “Everybody, it’s a trap! They’re coming here! They’re gonna blow this place! Get out! Everybody, get out! G—ugn!” He was broken off as a blaster-shot scraped right through his shoulder. Wincing in pain, Topazor fell to the ground.

The wolf-bot got up again to avoid being trampled, and stumbled quickly over to Springer. The chopper, now in robot mode, was holding Miratron back by the arm. “Miratron, it’s too dangerous to go! You can’t leave now!”

Topazor broke in, “Which ship is yours, Miratron? It’s too dangerous for you to leave, Springer is right. But if you want your ship safe, I’ll drive it to the army base.”

Miratron elbowed Springer in the gut and was released. “No!” she screamed. “You get your skinny little claws off my ship! It’s mine, and I’m getting out of here. Nightscream and the guys are already on board. I have to go.” She started to run.

Topazor caught her gently. “Why are you so upset? Is something wrong?” he asked concernedly.

“Miratron clamed herself for long enough to say, “Nightscream and the guys and I have to go now. We’re heading for the city of Mechar. We can take care of ourselves, alright?”

“If you say so,” agreed Topazor.

“What, no!” exclaimed Springer, alarm springing into his eyes. “You can’t go. Let those slag-bots and their pet humans go to Mech alone. You have to come with us, now!” He grabbed Miratron again.

Miratron was clearly infuriated at being held back, but there was something else bothering her too. “Please,” she said firmly, “you do not wanna do this. Nightscream and the guys—you don’t know what they’re like—”

Miratron’s warning came too late. Suddenly Springer and Topazor saw some bots jump out of Miratron’s ship and a run toward them with death in their optics. They started shooting right at Topazor and Springer.

Topazor got hit in the leg and fell down. Springer ducked his head and just barely avoided a shot. Miratron struggled o get loose. Springer held onto her while trying to pull out his gun and sword. But a second round of ammo quickly brought the burly bot to his feet.

Free, Miratron ran toward the ship with Chris and Nightscream.

Topazor, forgotten on the ground, grabbed the Miratron by her foot and tripped her. “Miratron!” he rasped, in a voice with expressed both bewilderment and rebuff.

The femme said, “Get Springer to safety, okay? Tell him I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt him!”

“And what about me?” shouted Topazor.

But Miratron had gotten up again and run out of sight. All this had happened in less than a minute. Topazor painfully scrambled to his feet and watched Miratron’s ship zoom away. Well, at least she and Chris and Nightscream were safe.

A furious and wounded Springer sat up with a grunt.

“Get up and run,” said Topazor quickly. “Those aerial-raiders are coming! They’ll blow this place sky-high! Come on.”

“Miratron—” began Springer.

“She’ll be fine,” said Topazor urgently. “Now let’s GO!!!”

The chopper and avian wolf took flight in time to just escape worst of the explosions. They got caught in the very edge of the last explosion. The bomb that the air-raiders soared away, as Topazor and Springer crashed downward into the streets.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Again, the plot is nice, but... could you as much as possible avoid swearing?

Anyways, very nice character development. You don't just introduce characters and their features, you build them.

And do I sense a love relationship forming between Mirarton and Topazor?

...but, question. What do you mean by this?
The bomb that the air-raiders soared away, as Topazor and Springer crashed downward into the streets.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
7Knight-Wolf

Blazemane wrote:Again, the plot is nice, but... could you as much as possible avoid swearing?

Anyways, very nice character development. You don't just introduce characters and their features, you build them.

And do I sense a love relationship forming between Mirarton and Topazor?

...but, question. What do you mean by this?
The bomb that the air-raiders soared away, as Topazor and Springer crashed downward into the streets.
Woops, typo! What I meant was that Topazor and Springer got caught in the explosion of the last bomb that the air-raiders dropped. :oops:

Thank you for complementing me on the character develpment. :D

Oh, sorry about Springer's remark. That's what you meant by the swearing, right? I'm sorry.
7Knight-Wolf

Blazemane wrote:And do I sense a love relationship forming between Mirarton and Topazor?
Topazor is more gentleman-like to Miratron than Springer is. But is that the beginning of a crush, or just Topazor's good manners? I guess you'll have to decide as the story progresses...
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh, sorry about Springer's remark.
Yeah, that's who I mean. Thanks.
Topazor is more gentleman-like to Miratron than Springer is.

Yeah, see I was wondering about some obvious signs that Springer is showing too, but I figured you were aiming towards Topazor anyways.
But is that the beginning of a crush, or just Topazor's good manners? I guess you'll have to decide as the story progresses...
Nice try, but unless you haven't fully decided yourself yet, it's definetely a crush. If you haven't decided, you could easily manipulate your story upon reading this comment just for me to be wrong.

...but I don't think so. 'Tis a crush.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
7Knight-Wolf

Blazemane wrote:
Nice try, but unless you haven't fully decided yourself yet, it's definetely a crush. If you haven't decided, you could easily manipulate your story upon reading this comment just for me to be wrong.

...but I don't think so. 'Tis a crush.
Well, there's no fooling Blazemane, huh? :)
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, there's no fooling Blazemane, huh?
Well, you very easily could be, but crush is my hunch.