2012 Meet BW

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

xCubicZirconia
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Maximal Aphrodite

2012 Meet BW

Unread post by xCubicZirconia »

I love to write tragic stuff so started a BW fic while watching 2012. Um... Tell me if it's good or not, k?

Seashells.
That was one of Aphrodite’s main obsessions. The fact that the ocean could form such unique shells was just so amazing to her.
She picked up another one and placed it in her bag then zipped it up.
“’Dite!” A familiar voice called out from behind the seahorse Maximal.
“Darkshadow!”
Darkshadow was a shape shifter that was always in the form of a wolf. At the moment; she was in her human form, which was very rare.
“Hey, ‘Dite. I just wanted to tell you that I’m leaving for a good while.”
“You… You’re going back to your time period?” She asked, a sad expression crossing her features.
Darkshadow sighed and pulled the femme into a tight hug, “I’ll be back! I just need to go home and stay for a good while. You know, I’m kind of home sick. Besides, the Preds are getting on my nerves and Rampage has been acting ill willed towards me. More than usual.”
“Oh!” Aphrodite reached into her back and pulled out a pearl that had been attached to the center of a beautiful white seashell. The pendant itself was attached to a metallic-like, sky blue ribbon. “I made this for you!” She tied the necklace around her best friend’s neck. It seemed tight but it was very comfortable, not hurting her or anything. “It’s what you humans call a choker but the ribbon has a special type of metal in with it so it won’t break. With this, you’ll be able to keep a little part of me and the ocean with you where ever you go!”
Tears filled her eyes, “Thank you, ‘Dite… I promise I’ll come back! Hopefully things won’t change to terribly much while I’m away. But here…” She reached into her pocket and pulled out a little keychain that was a wolf and clipped it onto zipper that was at the top of the bag Aphrodite had around her. Darkshadow had given her the messager bag a few weeks after they had met. “That’s my lucky keychain. Take care of it!”
“Promise.”
Back at the Maximal base; Depth Charge walked in, tripping over Rattrap in the process.
“Fraggin’ mouse! What the slag are you doing laying in the middle of the floor?!”
“Dat, my friend is a very good question.” He transformed into robot mode and pointed to Cheetor who was sound asleep in the corner of the main room in his beast mode.
About that time Optimus Primal walked in and made his way to Rhinox.
“You’re here, good.” The green mech said, typing on the keyboard of the main computer, “I have some strange activity that is being caused by the magnetic pull the alignment of the planets seems to be causing.”
“How big of a threat is it?”
“I’m not sure. It can either be something major or nothing at all.”
“Either way we will have to suffer through it.”
Aphrodite walked in, a look of sadness on her face. Rattrap was the first to even notice she had come back. “Hey, girly. You ok?”
She nodded in response, announcing that Darkshadow had gone back to her home in her own time period. Rattrap stood up from his position in the floor and approached her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. “Listen, uh… She said she’d be back so dere’s nuttin to be sad about! Da wolf chic won’t be gone long. So relaaax.”
The femme noticed Primal walking by, seemingly distracted by something. “What’s the matter, Daddy Primal?”
“Hm?” He looked up, “Nothing to worry about, Aphrodite. At least… Not yet.”
Not yet? That didn’t sound good. When Depth Charge’s optics met hers he stood up and made his way over. He could see that his spark-mate was upset so sent her waves of comfort and positive energy through their bond. She responded, “Darkshadow left.”
“It’s for the best that she goes home for a while.” Depth Charge was glad she was gone for the most part. Though he had to admit he’d miss the shape shifter, he wouldn’t have to worry about Aphrodite getting into trouble.
“I’m going back to the beach.”
Or maybe she’d still run off and cause trouble…
“Stay here with me for a while.”
She pouted at her lover but nodded. Depth Charge was not the most romantic being, he actually sucked at it, but he tried. She had to give him credit for that.
“WASPINATOR!” Megatron’s yell echoed through the Predacon base.
Quickstrike popped up beside the dark leader and spoke, “He ain’t here, Boss. He’s out.”
“Find him! I want him to find out what is wrong with our defense systems!”
About that time, Tarantulas connected through to Megaton, “Some sort of magnetic effect is forming from the planets. Most likely, it will go away after twenty four hours.”
To everyone’s surprise, the ground began to tremble a bit.
“The Maximals!” Inferno yelled, “Royalty! Shall we attack?!”
“You idiot! No one is attacking!” Tarantulas screamed, “Earthquake!”
Of course, everything at the Predacon base being as chaotic as it already was, an earthquake just made things worse.
But at the Maximal base…
“We’re gonna die!” Rattrap was running around the base in a hysterical attempt to stay calm, “We’re all gonna die! Oh Primus!”
“Rattrap! Shut up!” Everyone yelled.
Aphrodite grabbed Depth Charge, “Everyone outside!”
“What?!”
“The area could fall and we could be crushed and trapped in here!”
Rhinox nodded, “She’s right. Everyone out!”
Upon exiting, everyone ran into Silverbolt who was overly confused and looking for Blackarachnia, “What happened?!”
The shaking stopped once everyone was out, except for Rattrap who was making an attempt to crawl out with a piece of debris on top of him as a shield.
The taller femme-bot sighed, “I had to squash a bug before I could leave. The earthquake distracted him who I caught him off guard and left. I do feel sorry for the wasp-bot though…”
“He’ll live.” Cheetor interrupted, “Now, what was that about?”
“My guess is the magnetic pull, I mentioned earlier.” Rhinox was as serious as a heart attack as he crossed his arms while in deep thought. He had the worst feeling that this was only the beginning of what was soon to become a nightmare.
Chapter 2
Everyone had still been shaken up from the earthquake that had happened the day before. Something about it had made Trace think. She just stood on the very top of a rock pile on the beach, staring out into the ocean. Her hair, unlike Aphrodite’s, was short and deep red with various braids tied with cords. Like Aphrodite along with Athena, Trace had human-like features. She was short but taller than her little cousin. Her cousin was about 6’0, where she was 6’8. Her armor that was the turtle shell split into various pieces on her arms and hips, some on her ankles and knees. Her beast mode’s fin-like limbs were her weapons, the front and back of each side connecting and forming two different machine-like guns that she loved with all her spark. The colors of her armor were the many shades that were the colors of the ocean.
“Trace.” Cheetor approached her in his beast mode, prancing with his tail in the air.
“Hey, Cat.”
Sitting beside the rocks, the younger Cybertronian twitched his spotted tail. Worries that an aftershock would hit filled his mind but he felt as if he were being annoying if he was to tell anyone about it.
“Something on your mind?”
“Y-yeah. Are we going to have another earthquake?”
“Most likely. You scared?”
“No, just worried about everyone else.” He looked up at her, “I’m not afraid to die but I’m worried about everyone else. I don’t think-“
“Do not worry about something that has not took place yet. You are a very brave mech, you know that? All of us are tough. Everybody has to pass on sooner or later so you just don’t worry.”
“I’m afraid people will think I’m weak or something, I guess… If I’m killed.”
“In battle, when one is killed it does not mean they are weak. It means they are strong.”
Rampage was in the ocean. Why? He wasn’t even sure himself. He had just randomly jumped in.
It took him but only a moment when the shaking ground told him an earthquake was taking place yet again. Though the quake was a small one, Rampage could’ve cared less all together. He just continued on his way until Depth Charge jumped in his way.
“Hello, old friend!”
“X.”
The crab-bot jumped at Depth Charge and got a hit on his chest, which he recovered quickly and aimed his gun at the crab’s head
“Rampage! Return to base at once!” Megatron’s voice came through his communicator and he responded with a growl, still attacking Depth Charge.
“RAMPAGE!”
Another growl was heard and Rampage jumped up onto the cliff wall then climbed up out of the water, leaving a very agitated Depth Charge all by himself. He put away his weapon the transformed into beast mode, making his way to the shore.
“Rampage. We need you to salvage Quickstrike.” Megatron told the psychotic robot. “His life signal went offline and I want to know what Maximal caused it!”
“A volcanic eruption.” Tarantulas walked in with a small data pad in his hands, “Quickstrike is no more. There is nothing to salvage.”
Megatron slouched in his tub. Everything was going to hell and now more of the Predacons were dying from natural disasters?
“Wazzzpinator hazzz bad feeling! Wanna leave!” Waspinator transformed into his beast mode and flew out of the base only to come back in a second later, “Zzzzeeeeeaaa!!!!!!!! Zzzzeaaa!!!!”
“Oh, shut up. I don’t want to hear it.” The leader had his head in his hand.
“Nooooo! Zzzeeeaaaa!!!! Coming!!!!!!” Then he flew out again.
“I will get him royalty!”
“See what he is babbling about.”
“Yes, royalty!” Inferno left only to come straight back in just as Waspinator had done, “Royalty!!!”
Aphrodite sat on the beach with her bag full of her favorite seashells and belongings (which wasn’t very much) in case something was to happen. The bag was in her lap, the wolf keychain in her hands as she gazed at it with her golden optics.
Once she looked up, she saw Depth Charge walking out of the ocean. Eventually, he made his way beside of her and sat in the sand.
“Depth Charge?”
“Aphrodite…” He seemed to be distracted by something, “Something’s not right…”
His arm wrapped around her protectively and Aphrodite moved closer to him. Whenever he said something like that, something would always happen.
All of a sudden the ground seemed to just jerk violently. Another earthquake was taking place but this time it was way worse. Unlike the other one, this one continued.
“Depth Charge?!”
Depth Charge held his spark mate against him, not letting her go for anything. A loud crack-like noise was heard and literally felt but the couple saw nothing. After the couple was thrown to the jerking ground, Aphrodite activated her comm-lin k.
“Optimus!” She wasn’t even sure as to what she was supposed to say; she just screamed in an attempt to get connected to someone, anyone.
But once it stopped, Depth Charge stood up and helped Aphrodite get to her feet when she noticed something rather odd, “Um… Depth Charge? Why’s the water…”
Depth Charge looked up with his red optics and stepped back, “Get in touch with Primal.”
“What’s wrong?”
“It’s what the humans at one time called a tsunami.”
“W-what?”
“A tidal wave, ‘Dite…”
Aphrodite hurried in trying to contact Optimus Primal but received no answer.
“Depth Charge-!” Panic took over and the femme couldn’t register anything in her mind except that. She couldn’t move or anything. Aphrodite thought she had heard Depth Charge saying, no yelling something to her but she couldn’t understand what.
She remembered doing something like this before and Darkshadow had called it a ‘panic attack.’
“Aphrodite!” Depth Charge grabbed her and tried his best to snap her out of it but couldn’t. At the last moment, Depth Charge thought of transforming so switched to beast mode and grabbed his mate.
Even on his back in the air, she panicked.
“I can’t-! Depth Charge-!” She held to him tight. “Please don’t let Darkshadow come back anytime soon! Oh no-! What if she does?! She’ll die! I’m in trouble, what to do? Can’t think-!”
Fear was taking over but she managed to sit still as Depth Charge went flew higher. It was overwhelming, the fear. She prayed this would be over soon so the panic would leave her mind and body so she could take control again.
‘Darkshadow! Don’t come back! Not yet!’
In the modern day, Darkshadow was at the mall with her two friends. The beautiful blonde girl named Katie was walking out of Holister with her and they decided to go find their friend. Pamela reminded Darkshadow a lot of Aphrodite so a bit more comfort than normal around her. Though Pamela had different tastes in clothing and such, her and Katie still accepted her but didn’t very much like the stores she went in.
The girl had the worst feeling that something wasn’t right. She touched the pearl necklace Aphrodite had given her and sighed.
In front of a store that was dark with heavy metal music playing on the inside, Darkshadow looked at Katie as the blonde grabbed her cell phone. Darkshadow walked in and looked for her friend, eventually finding the gothic girl in the back of the store looking at a necklace that had a gothic seahorse on it.
“Jessie! Isn’t it pretty!”
Jessie… That’s right, her actual name.
“Yeah…”
“Cheer up! You’ll be able to go back soon.”
Darkshadow, or Jessie stopped, “What did you say?”
“You’ll be able to go back soon.” The gothic girl said, slower this time, “You know, back to your prehistoric robot area.”
“How did you-?!”
“Don’t freak out!” Pamela said, grabbing her friends arms a bit, “You talk in your sleep and sometimes you turn into things…” The look of pure horror on Jessie’s face almost made her wish she hadn’t have said anything, “Only I know, it’s ok. You know I keep secrets.”
The shape shifter freaked out, “slag!”
“You aren’t the only one in this world that is different.” She smiled her canines a bit sharper than before, “Remember when I told you I was a mermaid?”
“Y-yes… But I thought yah were just jokin’ about that. Mermaids aren’t real…”
“Shape shifters aren’t either.” She grinned, “Now, let’s go find Katie before she hits a wall and gets lost.”

“Aphrodite! What’s wrong?! We can’t hear you!” Silverbolt was furiously trying to get through to the femme who was frantically screaming their names as if she were scared to death.
“Something isn’t right…” Optimus Primal looked at Rhinox, “Something is wrong.”
“Yo, boss monkey! We have a situation here!” Rattrap ran in the base screaming, “We’re gonna die! Primus, we’re gonna die!!!”
“What is it Rattrap?!”
“The ocean!!!”
Everyone ran outside to see the incoming wave.
“Cheetor, Silverbolt! Flight mode!”
Cheetor grabbed Rattrap and Silverbolt grabbed Blackarachnia. Optimus jerked Rhinox and they flew up as high as possible, not sure what to do. The water level was rising, rapidly.
Primal scanned the area and eventually found high ground where he lead the others.
Cheetor dropped Rattrap on the ground and ran up to Primal, “Big Bot! What about the others?!”
“Depth Charge, Aphrodite and Trace are all water creatures. They should be able to make it.”
“Rattrap, remember that book that Darkshadow brought us once? He tidal waves killed everyone, even sea creatures!”
Rattrap looked at the cat-bot, “Well, that sucks a big ‘un.”
Back at the shore, Aphrodite had calmed down and was staring at the water below, “How could my beloved ocean do this?”
“It’s a life giving and a life taking force.” Depth Charge slowly reached the water and Aphrodite jumped in, the manta not far behind. It was hard to swim but they some how managed so went back towards the base.
Half way there Aphrodite just stopped swimming.
“Aphrodite, lets go.” Depth Charge said, looking back, “What’s the matter?”
“W-what if they’re gone?” She stuttered, “What if they’re all offline, just like-“
“Don’t think like that!” He snapped without meaning to. “No, Primal and the others are still alive. I’m not that lucky.”
She smiled and followed him the rest of the way.
Entering the submerged Maximal base wasn’t very hard but the both of them were relieved when they found no bodies. On the way out, Depth Charge transformed back into his beast mode and, after Aphrodite had a good grip on his back, surfaced and made like a boat in search of the others.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I like the concept of all the beast warriors facing a huge flood. It could provide some really interesting challenges and situations for them.

A lot of your characterizations seem to be very accurate (Waspinator and Inferno, for example). I think Rattrap could be written with a little as a little more courageous, though. He liked to say everyone was going to die in the show, true, but he always did something about it.

Quickstrike's death was unexpected. I think you'd communicate more of the harshness of that fact, though, if you wrote out the scene where he died.

Speaking of Quickstrike's death, you mentioned you like writing depressing fiction. Are you planning on more characters dying?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
xCubicZirconia
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!
RPG Characters: Maximal Aphrodite

Unread post by xCubicZirconia »

Yeah, a lot more are going to die. Possibly DC as well. I wasn't sure if I was going to finish it or not cause it seemed all out of character to me but I like to pick on Rattrap <3 plus no one but Nighthawk and Darkshadow seemed inerested in it lol Anything I need to fix?

I rushed through it but I plan on going back and adding stuff.