The End of an Era

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

The End of an Era

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

((OOC: I apologize ahead of time for any spelling errors, I wrote this while the power was out and by candle light. Read and enjoy. Man, this looked a lot longer on paper.))

The candle light began to flicker, as if the flame itself was the life force of the dying Elf Lord. No amount of healing; elf or other wise would be able to stop him from passing into the next life and Leggo found himself at peace with that knowledge. He had had lived a good life, he had been able to bring his people into a new and permanent ear of peace within Kiarows.

The wars that had taken place during his long life seemed so far away now, that it had drifted into legend, as had those who had fought in it. Perhaps that was how it should be.

Leggo’s breathing became quieter as the flickering increased and the flame grew smaller with each passing second. Darkness filled the elf lords bed chamber as the flame flickered out. A small wisp of smoke swirled around the spent wick for a moment before vanishing into the still air, silence filled the room shortly after the flamed went out…

Lord Leggo was dead, it wouldn’t be long before the last Elf Kingdom of Rhoda would follow, their time would come and like every thing else, they too would fall into myth and legend.

Some where in the distance, the mournful cry of a single wolf broke the silence, its howl seemed to signify the end of the elves reign, the end of an era…
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."