The Black Widow

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

The Black Widow

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Just thought I'd share this piece of writing with you all. I'm gradually getting back into writing fiction and fanfiction. Not sure how much of it I'll share, but I thought this story was fitting given my new signature! :-D

Two things before I begin: 1) One of my favorite singers is Alice Cooper. He has a song called "The Black Widow" (http://youtu.be/JVHUyDxmi_Q). When my brother and I were little we always sing the line, "There's no pledge of allegiance to the black widow" because we'd always forget what he was saying there. So that's why my sig says that. That isn't what he says really.

2)This piece was something I did in high school creative writing class. For the first part of the assignment, we wrote down a list of verbs, then we covered them up and wrote a list of nouns right beside them. Then, we had to write sentences using the verb and the noun that sat next to it. Two words that ended up being next to each other on my list were "giggled" and "black widow." We picked one of the sentences and used it to start a story. This is the story I wrote. Okay, here goes:
"The black widow spider giggled as she devoured her mate. His name had been Borris. Borris the spider. He was small- smaller than she- and had been easy to swallow whole. She smiled a satisfied smile when she heard his bones crunch in her mouth. A drop of blood dripped from her fangs into a puddle on the ground.

Bloddy Mary sat on her silky web in blissful remembrance of the day she and Borris met. It was warm and sunny. It was also the day the tarantula was celebrating his birthday. Mr. T (the tarantula) was basking in the summer sun when she arrived. He greeted her kindly and mentioned that he had a friend he wanted her to meet. She smiled sinisterly and allowed Mr. T to introduce them.

Borris was naive and could be manipulated quickly. Minutes after their meeting he was running to fetch things for her. In his last few hours, blinded by lust, the two were seen passionately kissing. His lips tender on hers. Hers leaving traces of her deadly poison to circulate through his body. Finally he succumbed to her venom.

Slowly, as she digested her lover, her giggling became chuckling which in turn became a loud, wicked cackle.

Bloody Mary could see the faces of the other animals as they'd shout at her injustice.

"Witch!" They'd cry.

"Demon!" They'd accuse. They'd even claim she was a traitor. But their persecution would not go unpunished and they awaited the same fate as Borris.

Right before her fatal bite would pierce their flesh, she'd look at them, eight green eyes boring into their souls, and she'd tell them. "There's no pledge of allegiance to a black widow." "

Hope you enjoyed that little story....hope you don't get nightmares. :evil Vincent Price laughter: ;-)

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Never trust a black widow spider. :lol:

I love the little story. :D