Drabble Collection

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Tundra

Drabble Collection

Unread post by Tundra »

I recently started participating in the livejournal community beastwars_100, and have been collecting my drabbles (by prompt) on Archive of Our Own. Rather than clutter up the Console with reposted drabbles every week, I'm just going to post a link to my AO3 drabble series: http://archiveofourown.org/series/7679. Updated weekly-ish.

My drabbles for this comm range from completely silly to completely serious; here are samples of each from this week's prompt fills.

Title: The Game's the Thing
Author's Notes: Quickstrike knows the most important thing is to have fun.

"Yeehaw!" Quickstrike shouted, flinging himself once more at his opponent.

"This is foolishness! He wastes energy which could be used in the service of the Royalty!"

"Yeah, but it keeps him out of our way." Quickstrike sailed overhead, landing with an oomph, and Blackarachnia winced. "Mostly," she amended, shaking her head as Quickstrike lurched to his feet and staggered back into the fray.

"Wazzzpinator think two head rattled loose some circuits."

"Hey sugarbot! Watch this!" Quickstrike shouted, just before the zebra kicked him through the air in another impressive arc.

"But," the bug sighed, "at leazzzt two head is happy."

Title: Pyrrhic Victory
Author's Notes: AU; implied character death

Blackarachnia turned slowly, staring in awe at the sheer size of everything around her. "Mine." She threw her arms out with a laugh. "All mine!"

As if he could hear her, the useless pounding of Megatron's weapons against the Ark's shields redoubled in force. He was such a sore loser.

Like it wasn't his own fault.

Shoot him if you want.

He could have caught her before she broke the codes, if he hadn't been so certain he could distract her with Silverbolt's screams.

He means nothing to me.

Blackarachnia shuddered. She had never thought winning would hurt this much.